Featured Team Profiles
“Inspiration often comes from the collaborative nature of our work.”
Some of our featured jobs
At 7digital, our creative staff have been producing award-winning programming and live events for more than 20 years. Our clients include the BBC and Sky.
We are now looking for an experienced, highly capable and reliable administrator to work with our friendly, professional team at MediaCityUK in Salford.
Our productions are renowned for meeting high standards throughout preparation and delivery, and we are looking for someone who has this same focus. The duties will require excellent attention to detail, self motivation, and quickness to learn; this must be someone we can rely on.
We are expecting this to be a flexitime or part-time role, and are open to suggestions of working arrangements. Please let us know in your application what hours would ideally suit you.
- Booking trains and hotels
- Liaising with building management re: maintenance and bills
- Maintaining and stocking office
- Arranging meetings, booking meeting rooms
- Numerous paperwork jobs for certain productions, typically 'Music Reporting' for radio productions (experience ideal but not required)
- Using content-management systems to input programme information
- Occasional management of hotel block-bookings, guest lists, and voting systems for large-scale events
- Compiling budgets for productions and processing invoices (in collaboration with production staff)
- Processing credit card expenses for several staff and managing petty cash
- Administration of record label paperwork and payments to artists
- Drafting and managing contracts (usually from templates with help from our legal team)
- High-level competence and/or qualifications in Microsoft Office (particularly Word and Excel) essential. Experience with Google Sheets/Docs desirable
- Personable, positive and professional personality
- Administrative or office management experience essential
- Experience in broadcast industries desirable
- Experience with Sky’s Silvermouse and BBC’s Proteus systems a bonus but not essential
- Flexible working hours
- Company Share Options.
- Pension (up to 3% matched contribution).
- Season Ticket Loan, Childcare vouchers, Cycle to work scheme
- Volunteer days: up to 3 paid days per year to do volunteering work for a registered charity.
How to Apply
To apply for this role please submit your CV and Covering Letter using our online application form.
Assistant Management Accountant
*We are happy to consider candidates seeking both permanent and fixed term roles, please specify your preference in your application*
7digital is a music and technology business based in London, San Francisco, Manchester, Paris and Lille. It is quoted on the London Stock Exchange AIM market, with a turnover of £11M and C-120 staff. The company powers comprehensive digital music services for business, developers and a wide range of partners around the world. Headquartered in London between Shoreditch and the City 7digital is in an exciting space which spans music, technology and radio production with a friendly culture where we encourage collaboration and development.
We are looking to add a confident Assistant Management Accountant to our team. You will have the opportunity to work closely with 7digital’s Financial Controller and the Group Management Accountant to develop your skills in accounting and finance. If you’re looking for an exciting new stage in your Finance career, this position offers variety and a wide breadth of challenges.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Full month end close for a selection of the 7digital Group plc subsidiaries
- Liaising with internal and external stakeholders
- Prepayments and accruals
- Full management of purchase and sales ledgers
- Managing employee expenses
- Managing company credit card reconciliations
- Processing daily banking receipts, making payments and reconciling bank accounts each month
- General support within the Finance department, including potential to be involved with salaries, pensions, share option schemes, budgeting and forecasting.
- Educated to degree or diploma level
- You are a part-qualified accountant (ideally studying towards either the ACCA/CIMA qualification)
- Self starter
- You have exceptional communication skills - you must be confident speaking to important clients and senior-level staff
- You have 2yrs+ good industry experience in a commercial finance role
- You have knowledge and experience with Microsoft Excel
- An ability to work to tight deadlines and within constraints
- You are conscientious and take pride in your work, the Finance team is small so you will need to prioritise and multi task in a fast-paced environment.
Nice to have
- Knowledge of Sun accounting systems
- A passion for music and technology
- Fluency in French to liaise with our French team
- Opportunity to work in a fast moving music and technology company
- 24 days holiday (increasing to 25 after 1 year)
- Study support for ACCA / CIMA
- Pension Scheme – matched contributions up to 3%
- Annual Share Options Scheme
- Health cover scheme (dental, optical, massages, alternative therapies etc.)
- Travel Season ticket loan
- Cycle to work scheme (also secure bike parking and showers at the office)
- Flexible working hours
- Up to 3 days paid each year to do volunteer/charity work
- Regular knowledge sharing talks and socials
- Childcare voucher scheme
- Casual dress code
How to Apply
To apply for the role please submit your CV and Cover Letter using our online application form.
Entertainment News is the UK's leading showbiz provider for radio, supplying groups including Bauer, Wireless and UKRD, among others. Nearly 10 million listeners around the UK hear our content every week, while millions more watch our online showbiz video features online.
Our team is part of 7digital. We’re fast, flexible, innovative and bursting at the seams with people passionate about music, radio and technology. We’re growing at a rapid pace and are seeking an enthusiastic, creative, intelligent and fun individual to join us. This is an exciting opportunity to not only work at the forefront of entertainment in UK radio, but also to explore how radio will evolve in the future.
Our headquarters are based in Shoreditch, in the heart of London’s creative hub, where you’ll be surrounded by a friendly bunch, who love their work, and are sociable too. The company offers beers and ping pong on a Friday, and also has a Social Committee, who plan events like quizzes, bowling and parties. Other benefits include 24 days holiday, a pension scheme, and there’s even fruit on a Monday!
We have an opportunity for a highly motivated and dedicated journalist to join the award winning Entertainment News team.
If you love news, adore showbiz, have an excellent broadcast voice backed up by solid news writing skills, we want to hear from you.
You’ll be an experienced broadcast journalist, having spent at least a year on a radio news desk, writing stories, editing audio, and compiling and reading bulletins. We’re looking for people who can hit the ground running, so solid experience is essential.
- Interviewing A List celebrities on red carpets and at junkets
- Compiling scripts and audio cuts for radio broadcast
- Writing and reading bulletins
- Creating video packages for our online partners (previous experience of creating videos is not essential)
- Liaising with PRs and publicists to book top celebrity interviews
- Some overnight and evening work required - this is on a rota basis
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Strong technical abilities
- The ability to respond fast to breaking stories
- Exceptional planning and organisational skills
- Attention to detail, a stickler for spelling and grammar
- Ability to work under pressure
- Great communication skills
Please, no agencies. Any CVs submitted via agencies will be ignored.
Please email your curriculum vitae, voice demo, and salary requirements to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications: Sunday, 19 February 2017.
Make sure that the subject field contains the following text: “7digital: I am applying for the Broadcast Journalist position”.