Featured Team Profiles
“Inspiration often comes from the collaborative nature of our work.”
Some of our featured jobs
Technical Account Manager
The Client Operations team at 7digital are the operational point of contact for our B2B clients. Our primary role is to represent the needs of the clients within 7digital and ensure the client is provided with a best-in-class support they need to develop, maintain and scale their music service.
We are looking to grow this important team and need a proactive Technical Account Manager to own and manage the operational relationship with some of our key clients. You will be required to facilitate a very dynamic relationship between our clients and the company, with varying touch points. You will need to assert control on the flow of tasks and information without impeding a fast paced interaction. As such you’ll need to be very process oriented with very close attention to detail. You will also be able to collaborate across teams, ensuring you develop relationships across different departments in different geographical locations. You will need to govern the day to day interaction between the client and company, ensuring the business is progressing agreed priorities to agreed timescales, and hence you will have the necessary gravitas to challenge your colleagues where required. You will take ownership of escalated client issues, technical or operational, and manage them through to resolution.
Our clients are serviced by our full stack solution so you will work closely with the Product team, QA team and development teams to ensure development work is appropriately prioritised and completed across the full service. As such you will be familiar with agile best practices. You will learn the full stack end to end and be responsible for ensuring stakeholders are kept fully up to date of progress and changes on relevant work.
To succeed in this role you must be client focussed but you must also be user centric. You will be the champion of the client within 7digital. Being able to identify what is important to our client but also the users of our clients service is critical for this role to help ensure the company places the right emphasis on what’s important.
● Work closely with in-house and external software developers to prioritise work requests for clients, reflective of the agreed roadmap and working practices to drive the relevant tasks forward
● You will be required to use various tools and APIs to manage the development process and support the operational needs of both the client and the development teams
● Ensure all stakeholders are kept up-to-date with progress of agreed work and made aware of any delays, bottlenecks or changes to requirements
● Co-ordinate with the Product team and development teams to input client requirements into the prioritisation process for each development team. You will need to work with the Client Operations team to understand the priorities of the business and then communicate the outcomes of prioritisation sessions to the team
● Ensure completed work requests are communicated to the client alongside accompanying release details and management of various tracking tools for full visibility of latest service status
Required Skills and Experience:
● Experience in managing large scale clients
● Experience in using project management tooling, eg. JIRA, Confluence, etc
● Strong experience communicating technical terms into simple, relatable feedback for clients and non-technical stakeholders
● Good knowledge of IT solutions and technical platforms and an ability to translate this knowledge into solutions
● Experience working with web apps, mobile apps and CMS. An understanding of how user interface components relate to each and how changes may affect the end user experience
● Self-motivated, with a strong sense of responsibility and ownership of client needs
● Comfortable working under pressure to tight deadlines with multiple stakeholders, from dev team leads to senior management level communication
● Excellent communication and organizational skills
● Ambitious and able to demonstrate enthusiasm about digital music, web and mobile technologies
● Able to foresee and identify potential issues and proactively resolve them independently
● Good experience of working collaboratively with multiple teams
● Good working knowledge of Excel, Word and PowerPoint
7digital is transforming the listening experience for music fans, like you. Our
robust, scalable digital music platform and flexible APIs are used to power
comprehensive music and radio services for leading consumer brands, mobile
carriers, broadcasters, automotive systems, retailers, record labels, artists and
agencies. Alongside great technology, we offer global music rights, award-
winning radio production services, and content management expertise, making
us a leading global partner in this industry.
Working at 7digital, you'll have the opportunity to work with well-known brands
and companies. Over the years, we have delivered services for multinationals
such as Samsung, BlackBerry and T-Mobile as well as for leaner start-ups such as
Turntable.fm and Who Sampled. You will be able to experience the interaction
between streaming and radio, as we are also the largest independent producer
of radio programming for the BBC (including the Radcliffe & Maconie Show and
Sounds of the Sixties).
Right now we are engaged in a number of very exciting projects for global artists
(will.i.am, Neil Young), hi resolution audio services with Onkyo, Technics and
MQA, video messaging with musical.ly, along with developing streaming
products for broadcasters, retailers and the major labels.
We’re working at significant scale – our service-oriented API Platform is handling
billions of requests per month and growing quickly. You’ll be joining an
enthusiastic team who enjoy what they do. Things like Pair Programming,
TDD/BDD, Refactoring, and Continuous Delivery are deeply embedded and we’re
constantly striving to improve the way we work. We know typing is not the
bottleneck, so there are plenty of other things going on:
● You can take part in regular weekly sessions sharing ideas, doing
Katas/Dojos and discussing practices and technologies.
● You will get up to two days “innovation time” a month to investigate new
technologies or product ideas.
● You can attend conferences and community events, both as a participant
or contributor - we’ve presented/run sessions at XP2016, QCon, SPA,
Strata + Hadoop World, Agile Cambridge, Agile Manchester, APIdays,
XPDay, Agile on the Beach and many others.
● You can help us host our own popular community event – Devs in the
● We hold frequent retrospectives on how we can improve the way we
However, we’re not perfect and not afraid to say so. We recognise we have
problems which need solving and a long way to go on our journey of continuous
You care about software; you have a passion for what you do which you can
clearly convey by your actions rather than just waffly personal statements on
your CV. For you it’s more than a job. You like to pick the right tool for the task at
You believe software development involves a lot more than just writing code.
You see it as your remit to really understand our domain so we can all deliver as
much value to the business as possible. When you do write code you believe it
has to be done really well. To you, quality (both internal and external) really
matters. These are things we really care about.
We’re strong advocates of test driven development, and we want you to be too.
We think that it in particular represents such a different mindset that we would
only consider you for a senior position if you have significant working experience
with TDD. If you do, great! We want to know more. How much? How do you do
TDD? How have you used TDD on a recent project? What problems have you
faced? The more the better!
Technology you'll get to use
Our production systems predominantly use C# on Windows. We also make use
of Linux and have some applications in Python and Ruby. We use a mixture of
AWS and Google Cloud Platform, based around a distributed data architecture
with Apache Kafka at the heart. We’d be interested in you if you’re from any
background as long as you have a keen understanding of good programming
practices. We have a strong devops culture and like to use services that help us
create great products; from CDNs to monitoring to anomaly detection. We’d
expect you to be proficient in more than one technology stack. Here’s a sample
list of technologies we currently use:
● C#, Python, Ruby
● REST, Queues, Relational Databases, Document Databases
● Infrastructure as code - Chef, AWS CloudFormation
● Windows, Linux
● Postgres, SQL Server, Solr/Lucene/Elasticsearch, Redis, RabbitMQ and
Varnish, Kafka, Spark, Nginx
We’re also very keen on open source. We contribute to some of the technologies
listed above as well as maintaining our own forks (+ publishing other things we’d
like to share) on our GitHub account.
If you’re interested, send an email with your CV and a cover note to firstname.lastname@example.org, ensuring that the subject field contains the following text: “Application for Senior Developer”
Full Stack Developer
7digital is transforming the listening experience for music fans. Our robust, scalable
digital music platform and flexible APIs are used to power comprehensive music and
radio services for leading consumer brands, mobile carriers, broadcasters, automotive
systems, retailers, record labels, artists and agencies. Alongside great technology, we
offer global music rights, award-winning radio production services, and content
management expertise, making us a leading global partner in this industry.
We're looking for a great full-stack developer to join a small autonomous team who
enjoy what they do. We deeply value things like pair programming, TDD, refactoring,
automation and continuous delivery and are striving to continuously improve, including:
● regular sessions sharing ideas, running Katas/Dojos and discussing practices and
● two days personal “innovation time” each month to investigate new technologies
or product ideas;
● attending conferences and community events, both as a participant or
contributor, such as FullStack, SoCraTes, Edge, Full Frontal, SPA, Agile Cambridge,
XPDay and Agile on the Beach;
● helping host our own popular community event, Devs in the ‘ditch; and
● frequent retrospectives on how we can improve the way we work.
You will primarily be working on a consumer-facing web product - building 7digital
platform tools for productivity and curation. The app uses a small PostgreSQL
database, a lightweight C# (Nancy) back-end and a AngularJS 1.5 (ES6) front-end. You’ll
get to develop new test-driven features and continuously integrate them using GitHub,
which triggers automated tests and deployments through TeamCity.
Typically, feature work involves:
● working closely with the product team to understand requirements and UX;
● taking a considered approach to translating wireframes into components;
● building robust front-end components to interact with the back-end;
● adding endpoints to the back-end which compose and map 7digital API calls;
● releasing code to production, via automated tests and a UAT environment;
● demoing the feature in regular catch-ups with users to gain feedback; and
● iterating on the feature from feedback and usage data.
When a feature requires new behaviour/data in the 7digital platform, you’ll also get to
help build and develop those services. We’re currently building a Node.js API (using
Docker and Elastic Beanstalk) to centralise and simplify record label management
throughout the platform. The data backing the service is synchronised periodically by a
Lambda function which consumes from Apache Kafka.
You’re passionate about building high-quality software and appreciate that it’s more
than just writing code. You are a strong advocate of TDD and know when it’s
appropriate to use different types of tests. You’re motivated by solving users’ problems
and delivering value to the business. You enjoy building front-end applications as well
you’re also comfortable coding in more than one language. You enjoy learning about
and using new technology.
If you’re interested, send an email with your CV and a cover note to email@example.com, ensuring that the subject field contains the following text: “Application for Full Stack Developer”