7digital is transforming the listening experience for music fans. Our robust, scalable digital music platform and flexible APIs are used to power comprehensive music and radio services for leading consumer brands, mobile carriers, broadcasters, automotive systems, retailers, record labels, artists and agencies. Alongside great technology, we offer global music rights, award-winning radio production services, and content management expertise, making us a leading global partner in this industry.
We're looking for a great full-stack web developer to join a small autonomous team who enjoy what they do. We deeply value things like pair programming, TDD, refactoring, automation and continuous delivery and are striving to continuously improve, including:
- Regular sessions sharing ideas, running Katas/Dojos and discussing practices and technologies.
- Two days personal “innovation time” each month to investigate new technologies or product ideas.
- Attending conferences and community events, both as a participant or contributor, such as FullStack, SoCraTes, Edge, Full Frontal, SPA, Agile Cambridge, XPDay and Agile on the Beach.
- Helping host our own popular community event, Devs in the ‘ditch.
- Frequent retrospectives on how we can improve the way we work.
You will primarily be working on a consumer-facing web product, building 7digital platform tools for productivity, curation and analytics. The app uses a small PostgreSQL database, a lightweight C# (Nancy) back-end and a AngularJS 1.5 (ES6) front-end. You’ll get to develop new test-driven features and continuously integrate them using GitHub, which triggers automated tests and deployments through TeamCity.
Typically, feature work involves:
- working closely with the product team to understand requirements and UX;
- taking a considered approach to translating wireframes into components;
- building robust front-end components to interact with the back-end;
- adding endpoints to the back-end which compose and map 7digital API calls;
- releasing code to production, via automated tests and a UAT environment;
- demoing the feature in regular catch-ups with users to gain feedback; and
- iterating on the feature from feedback and usage data.
When a feature requires new behaviour/data in the 7digital platform, you’ll also get to help build and develop those services.
We're looking for someone who is passionate about building high-quality software and appreciate that it’s more than just writing code. Someone who is a strong advocate of TDD and knows when it’s appropriate to use different types of tests and who is motivated by solving users’ problems and delivering value to the business.
Have a look at our benefits page for a full list but some of our benefits include:
- Share Options.
- Pension (up to 3% matched contribution).
- Season Ticket Loan, Childcare vouchers, Cycle to work scheme.
- Volunteer days: up to 3 paid days per year to do volunteering work for a registered charity.
- Friday beers, free coffee and a variety of teas, free fruit, lots of social activities (think cheese club, gaming nights, bake-offs...).
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.
How To Apply
If you’re interested, send an email with your CV and a cover note to firstname.lastname@example.org, ensuring that the subject field contains the following text: “Application for Full Stack Web Developer”.
Your cover note should include:
- Why you would like to join 7digital.
- Where you found us (a job ad, a conference, a hackday, meeting one of us).
- Your typical workflow for building a web application.
- Any blogs & email groups you read or would recommend.
- Any communities & events you attend or are involved with.
- Any technical books you’ve read that stood out.
- Links to Twitter/LinkedIn/GitHub/personal websites/blogs.